School and Privacy Policies
CHILD PROTECTION POLICY STATEMENT
S J Academy of Dance is committed to safeguarding the well being of its pupils. Every individual in the school should, at all times, show respect and understanding for their rights, safety and welfare, and conduct themselves in a way that reflects the principles of the school and the guidelines contained in its Code of Conduct for employees, volunteers and teachers.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION - 2020
1. Fees are charged in advance for the term and no refunds can be given. Fees should be paid by the due date on the invoice. Non-payment by the due date may result in cancellation of students’ registration and being added to a waiting list. For persistent late payment a late fee of £10 may be added to the account.
2. Six weeks’ notice is required if a student wishes to cancel a class. Notice must be given in writing or by email at least six weeks prior to the end of the current term to cancel a class the following term, otherwise fees will be charged for the following term in lieu of notice.
3. Students are required to have the correct uniform and shoes required for the class and to wear hair in a bun for ballet and tied back off the face for tap and modern. Jewellery should not be worn during class.
4. Timetables may be changed at the discretion of the Principals; we will endeavour to give as much notice as possible. If classes are cancelled at short notice, we will either make up any cancelled classes later in the term or credit them to the subsequent term. If, for any reason and with sufficient notice classes cannot be taught at studios, the affected lessons will be delivered online via a Zoom meeting. Refunds will not be given.
5. Appropriate physical contact by a member of the teaching staff may be necessary during classes.
6. On occasions we may wish to photograph or film students for publicity or training purposes. These images may be placed in local papers, leaflets or on our website and social media. If you do not wish your child to be included please inform us in writing.
In order to register a child with our SJ Academy of Dance you are deemed to have accepted our terms and conditions as above and will have signed to this effect on your registration forms.
We would like all visitors to our website to know that we are concerned about the privacy of any personal information that you may provide to us through this website. You are not required to provide any personal information unless you choose to do so. We cannot guarantee confidentiality of e-mail, and therefore recommend that you do not send confidential information via e-mail.
By providing your name and address and any additional information you freely consent to us retaining, using and processing your personal data for the purposes set out by the nature of our business and on this website and where necessary. It may be used by us for the purposes of administering any request and may also be used for the purposes of evaluating your potential needs, for marketing research and for marketing to you products and services provided by us.
Should the purposes for which we retain, use or process your personal information change in any way, you will be notified of such changes by way of a notice posted on this page so that you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it. At that time you will be given the opportunity to decline to have your personal data held, used or processed for such changed purposes. You agree to accept notification in this manner if you post any data through this website.
If for any reason you are concerned that the personal information maintained with us is not correct or have any questions about privacy policies, please contact us.
How to disable cookies in your browser
Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
Cookie settings in Chrome
Cookie settings in Firefox
Cookie settings in Safari